near Beaufort, Victoria
We are currently looking for a farm manager to join our 1520 ha mixed farming operation located near Beaufort, VIC
We are currently recruiting for the position of Farm Manager for a 1520 ha mixed farming operation located near Beaufort, VIC. Enterprises include dryland cropping of cereals and oilseeds, complemented by a composite ewe flock. The Farm Manager will oversee, manage and be responsible for the day to day operations of the property, while ensuring the business is operating within budget. The farm has been developed over the last 7 years and is made up of remediated ex-blue gum plantations. There is still development work to be undertaken, which forms part of the Farm Manager’s role and underlying goal of increasing production and profitability.
Key duties include:
- Coordination, execution and supervision of all management activities.
- Management of contractors and staff with close attention to OHS compliance.
- “Hands on” management of both the cropping and sheep enterprises.
- Delivery of the operational plan to budget and maintaining firm control of costs to deliver the forecast Profit result.
- Contributing to the operational plan and budget in conjunction with head office and other advisors.
Key skills required include:
- 4+ years’ experience with dryland cropping systems.
- Knowledge and experience with high intensity sheep production systems.
- Experience with managing day to day farm operations.
- Experience with people management.
- Great communication skills as the role reports to Head Office in Melbourne.
This position represents a great opportunity for an experienced Farm Manager to utilise their skills and really drive the production and development of this business or a 2IC ready to take the next step in their career.
An attractive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant which will include housing, a phone allowance and fully maintained work vehicle.
For a confidential enquiry please phone Will, on 03 9678 0703
To apply please send a copy of your cover letter and CV to email@example.com